Accountability, Policy and Administration
The Accountability, Policy and Administration Team:
- Determines the accountability status of schools and districts, including implementation of the self-assessment process for schools with special circumstances.
- Identifies Reward Schools, Schools in Good Standing, Local Assistance Plan Schools (LAP), Focus Districts, Focus Schools, and Priority Schools. Click here to access the accountability status of schools and districts. Click here to access the methodology documents used to identify schools and districts.
- Registers new public schools and modify the school registration of existing public schools.
- Assists in the development of growth, value-added, and teacher and principal evaluation systems.
- Assists in the development of Regents items, regulations, and legislation pertaining to the responsibilities of the Office of Accountability.
- Administers Graduate, Undergraduate, Legal & High School Internship Programs (SUNY and Volunteer) and provides other administrative support to the Office of Accountability.