OA E-News Update
...a monthly update on the New York State Education Department’s Office of Accountability (OA) activities relevant to school districts, schools, the education community and other stakeholders.
- NYSED Job Opportunities
- DCIP and SCEP Fiscal Revisions: Q and A
- Title I Resources McKinney-Vento Summer School Information
- SIG A Leadership - STEM Grant Application – FOR TITLE I FOCUS DISTRICTS ONLY
- DTSDE Resources Approved DTSDE Surveys
- DTSDE District-Led Reviews – FOR FOCUS DISTRICTS ONLY
The Office of Accountability seeks qualified candidates for the following positions:
Project Coordinator for the Office of Bilingual Education
Details about the position and qualifications to apply can be found at:
Project Assistants for the Office of Bilingual Education.
Details about the positions and qualifications to apply can be found at:
A technical assistance webinar on how to address the requested fiscal revisions for the District Comprehensive Improvement Plan (DCIP) and School Comprehensive Education Plans (SCEP) for the 2013 – 14 school year can be found at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/accountability/Webinars.html
For more information please see:
McKinney-Vento Summer School Information
Recently, a memo regarding information about the requirements of providing students with access to summer school through the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act for 2013 was posted at:
For further information about McKinney-Vento, the rights of students in temporary housing, and strategies that schools can implement to meet students’ needs, please visit the NYS-TEACHS website at:
Recently, the SIG A Leadership - STEM Grant Application was posted at:
http://www.p12.nysed.gov/accountability/documents/SIGALeadership-STEM050113.doc. Applications are due June 21, 2013. Only Title I Focus Districts are eligible to apply for this grant. Non-Title I Focus Districts and Focus or Priority Charter Schools are not eligible for this grant.
Approved DTSDE Surveys
Additional surveys have been approved for use as a tool in the DTSDE process. Please see question G.3 of the DTSDE FAQ, which can be found at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/accountability/diagnostic-tool-institute/DTSDEFAQs.html#surveys
As part of the approved NCLB Waiver and the School Improvement Section 1003(a) Grant Application, Focus Districts and Priority and Focus Schools must participate in one of the following types of school reviews:
- On-site reviews led by an Integrated Intervention Team (IIT);
- District-led review; or
- School Review with District Oversight.
The following links provide guidance materials and templates:
- For District-led Reviews – http://www.p12.nysed.gov/accountability/diagnostic-tool-institute/DTSDESchoolReviewDocuments_000.html.
- For School Reviews with District Oversight – http://www.p12.nysed.gov/accountability/diagnostic-tool-institute/DTSDESchoolReviewwithDistrictOversight.html.
The final report for the DTSDE District-Led Reviews as well as the School Reviews with District Oversight should be submitted by June 30, 2013 to: AlbanySIT@mail.nysed.gov