Title I School and Community Services
The Title I School and Community Services Unit:
- Develops applications, forms, and Request for Proposals used to secure targeted state and Federal funds and distributes funding to eligible Local Education Agencies across the state for such programs as Title I, McKinney-Vento Homeless Education, Neglected or Delinquent, and Title I School Improvement initiatives.
- Develops applications, forms, and Request for Proposals used to secure targeted state and Federal funds and distributes funding to Local Education Agencies, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services, Institutions of Higher Education across the state for Title I, Part C - Migrant Education Programs.
- Reviews and approves District Comprehensive Educational Plans (DCEPs), selected Consolidation Applications (ROS) and Title I School Improvement Grant, Migrant Education, McKinney-Vento Homeless Education, and Neglected or Delinquent applications.
- Conducts compliance monitoring, including desk audits and on-site reviews of targeted state and federally funded programs including: Title I, II, III, Migrant Education, McKinney-Vento Homeless Education, Neglected or Delinquent, Supplemental Educational Services and School Choice, Title I School Improvement and Contracts for Excellence initiatives in order to ensure that LEAs are meeting program requirements and to support school and district improvement efforts.
- Represents the Department in interactions with the USED and supports other Department offices in interactions with auditors, litigants, media and key stakeholders pertaining to targeted State and federally funded programs.
- Undertakes support services as required (i.e., Regents Security Checks).