Each year Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and Neglected and/or Delinquent facilities across New York State are selected by the State Education Department (SED) for program site reviews in order to monitor compliance with the requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act.
During the review, SED staff members will:
- review current student records;
- review selected documents (see enclosed list);
- interview program-funded staff;
- interview special area program staff, i.e. library media specialists, nurses, social workers, etc.; and
- to facilitate classroom visits we need a teacher roster and daily class schedule.
2015 Desk Audit: (to be completed by August 21, 2015)
- Desk Audit Submission Instructions (36KB)
- Desk Audit Protocol (68KB)
On-Site Monitoring: (to be completed by NYSED Staff during scheduled monitoring visits)
- Program Monitoring Review Form (Subpart 2) (384KB)
- Monitoring Review Form for State Agencies (Subpart 1) (KB)