Each year Local Education Agencies (LEAs) and Neglected and/or Delinquent facilities across New York State are selected by the State Education Department (SED) for program site reviews in order to monitor compliance with the requirements of the federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act.
During the review, SED staff members will:
- review current student records;
- review selected documents (see enclosed list);
- interview program-funded staff;
- interview special area program staff, i.e. library media specialists, nurses, social workers, etc.; and
- to facilitate classroom visits we need a teacher roster and daily class schedule.
- Program Monitoring Review Form (Subpart 2) (384KB)
- Monitoring Review Form for State Agencies (Subpart 1) (KB)
2015 Desk Audit:
- Desk Audit Submission Instructions (36KB)
- Monitoring Protocol (68KB)