TEACHER AND PRINCIPAL TRAINING AND RECRUITING FUND (ESEA/NCLB Title II A)
ESEA/NCLB Title II, Part A provides funds to all NYS local education agencies (LEAs) for the purposes of meeting NCLB highly qualified teaching requirements, by:
- providing high quality professional development to ensure that teachers become, and remain, highly effective in helping all students to learn and achieve high performance standards;
- meeting ‘highly qualified teacher’ requirements for core course teaching through effective teacher recruitment, retention and professional development practices; and
- ensuring strong instructional leadership through effective principal recruitment, retention and professional development practices.
The bulk of ESEA/NCLB Title II A funds (95%) are provided as formula allocations to LEAs. ESEA/NCLB Title IIA is the second largest NCLB source of formula funding allocations (Title I is the largest) to LEAs.
LEA funds (Select Reports, your county, your LEA, and NCLB Allocation Report)
The remaining federal funds are provided for:
- Higher Education/LEA partnership grants
- Statewide activities; and
- State administration of the program.