Consolidated Application: due 8/31/13 (663KB)
All LEAs applying for Title I, Title II, Title III and/or Title
VI funds must complete the base application. New Charter
School LEAs applying for the first time must complete all sections
of the base Consolidated Application Update. New Charter School
LEAs do not need to complete the Accountability Addendum.
- Accountability Addendum: - Consolidated Application (pages 49-60) LEAs that were identified as Focus Districts and Focus or Priority Charter Schools (July 2012) are also required to complete the Accountability Addendum which includes many of the LEA and school improvement requirements from the ESEA Flexibility waiver. LEAs should include the Accountability Addendum documents, due August 31, 2013, with their 2013-14 Consolidated Application Update submission. Documents mailed separately will delay the review and approval of an LEA’s grants.
Set Aside Rates - Final (32KB)
- Focus Districts are required to complete a District Comprehensive Improvement Plan (DCIP) (263KB)and School Comprehensive Education Plans (SCEP) (234KB).
- Priority Schools implementing a whole school reform model are required to complete the Priority School Expanded Learning (ELT) Time Plan included in the School Comprehensive Education Plan.
- Improvement Plan Submission Instruction: Due 8/31/13
Documents must be attached as separate files (no hard copies please); The District name must be in the subject line. DCIP, SCEPS and Priority ELT Plans should be emailed to: CONAPPTA@MAIL.NYSED.GOV
I Application Supplement is
required to be submitted on-line and is due August 31, 2013,
only by LEAs who expect to receive Title I, Part A funds. Please
also submit a hard copy of the Supplement Form with your application. Note:
be sure to click on the General Information link and the Section
links within the form to view the instructions for completing
- Title I Comparability Report Form is
required to be submitted
on-line by November 30, 2013. Actual student and staff numbers
in fall 2013 must be used in the calculations. LEAs with 2013-14
enrollments greater than 1,000 students and that have any single
grade level in more than one building must be sure to complete the
- Consultation/Collaboration Form (included
in the 2013-14 Consolidated Application - page 20) is
show evidence of mandatory consultation/collaboration in the
development of the Consolidated Application Update and Title
I Application Supplement. Guidance for this requirement is found
- Private School Participation Form (included
in the 2013-14 Consolidated Application - pages 34-37) is
required for each private school within the
geographic boundaries of the LEA. Only Charter School LEAs are
exempt from the requirement to consult with private school officials.
As in the past, LEAs must engage private school administrators
in all private schools within the geographic boundaries of the
LEAs in timely and meaningful consultation regarding the provision
of educational services and other benefits that address the needs
of eligible children.
- Program Information Report - The
Program Information Report form will no longer be used to collect
data from LEAs. Please note that the data are still required,
however, NYSED’s Office of Information and Reporting Services
is assuming the data collection responsibilities effective
for the 2009-10 school year. All the data will now be reported either
through the SIRS system or through the BEDS process. Continued...
Position Description Form(s) -(if applicable) due 8/31/13
will again be part of the Title I Application Supplement and
must be submitted on-line. A hard copy of the form should also
be attached to the FS-10 of the program Title from which the
funds will be taken.
Form is no longer required. LEAs only
need to check the Transferability box on the Consolidated Application
Checklist and indicate on the Budget Narrative and FS-10 the amount
of funds to be included under transferability in the budget codes
where the funds will be used.
Note: The ESEA Flexibility waiver allows all LEAs, including Focus LEAs, to transfer the use of up to 100% of the funds they receive under Title II, Part A into Title I, Part A. The use of funds may not be transferred out of Title I, Part A. The Budget Narrative for Title II, Part A should be noted so the amounts can be easily found in the FS-10. However, certain restrictions and additional requirements relating to Equitable Participation under Title II, Part A may apply to LEAs with Private Schools. (See:
School Enrollment/FRPL Form - (if applicable)
I Schoolwide Program Notification Form - (if
Note: The ESEA Flexibility waiver allows LEAs to implement a school wide program in any of its Priority and Focus schools, even if those schools do not have a poverty percentage of 40 percent or more.