- Allowable and Unallowable Expenses
- Budget Guide
- Child Counts of Children in Poverty for 2010-11
- Child Counts for Intitutions for the Neglected
- Grants Finance - Grants Finance is responsible for the financial management of grants awarded to local agencies, and other SED offices are responsible for ensuring that the activities funded by the grants are planned and implemented appropriately. This site includes financial information, such as:
- Carryover Limits and Waiver Information
An FS-10 budget form and a budget narrative must be submitted for each Title in the District Comprehensive Educational Plan (DCEP) Addendum Update to provide an explanation of expenditures as they relate to each program. Each FS-10 should include the name of the LEA, its 12-digit BEDS Code, and a 10-digit project number.
Project numbers are specific to each LEA. For the first six digits of project numbers, all LEAs should use the numbers listed below. For the last four digits, LEAs should use the sequence assigned to them for Title grants in 2009-10. LEAs that have never applied for Title grants should leave the last four digits blank; the Department will assign a sequence upon receipt.
|Title I, Part A & D||
|Title II, Part A||
|Title II, Part D (carryover)||
|Title III LEP||
|Title III Immigrant||
|Title VI, Part A (carryover)||
To expedite approval of FS-10s, LEAs should ensure that the amounts listed in each budget category are the same as what is listed on the budget summary page and that the budget total does not exceed what is available to the LEA for that particular Title. To promote accuracy, the Grants Finance website offers an Excel version of the FS-10 as well as NCLB allocation reports for each LEA.
Under federal regulation (EDGAR 34 CFR Section 76.708(a)), LEAs may not obligate funds distributed by formula under any of the Titles in the 2010-11 District Comprehensive Educational Plan Addendum Update until the Update is submitted in substantially approvable form as determined by the State Education Department. LEAs are encouraged to submit their DCEP Addendum Update in advance of the August 31, 2010 deadline. The grant period for all Title grants is September 1 – August 31.