DTSDE Institute Training Program
REGISTRATION for Receivership Training and Implementation Conference
NYSED Office of Accountability
Receivership Training and Implementation Conference
(Chapter 56 of the Laws of 2015 – section 211-f)
July 22-23, 2015
Empire State Plaza Convention Center, Albany, N.Y. 12242
Purpose: To provide information and guidance on the implementation of CR 100.19 which addresses the School/District Receivership Program that is now authorized in chronically underperforming schools.
Audience: Participants will include designated staff from districts with persistently struggling and struggling schools as well as key stakeholders, e.g., representatives from BOCES, etc.
Conference Topics will include:
- Receivership Process and Regulations;
- Community Engagement Plan;
- Demonstrable Improvement
- Permissible Activities for the $75 million School Turnaround Grant Program; and
Schedule and Meals:
- Wednesday, July 22nd from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Onsite registration will be available beginning at 8:00 a.m. Due to the start time, breakfast will not be available on the first day. Participants will be on their own for lunch and dinner. Information about food vendors in the Convention Center Concourse will be available at the Registration Table.
- Thursday, July 23rd from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. – A light breakfast will be available and refreshments during morning and afternoon breaks.
Online registration opens on Tuesday, June 30th and closes on Monday, July 13th. The registration link is http://nysed.fluidreview.com. After logging into the user account, use the access code RC6, to begin the process. Participants are expected to report to the Registration Table each morning for onsite check-in.
If you have questions, please send them to our mailbox at Receivership@nysed.gov. We look forward to your active engagement in the Receivership Conference.