Registration Form Diagnostic Tool May 2013 Institute
REGISTRATION for Diagnostic Tool Institute May 2013
All DTSDE participants attending the May training are required to complete the
5 Minute Survey
Registration for May DTSDE Institute in Albany area is now OPEN.
Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) Institute May 14-17
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Conference Center (518) 783-6161
Latham, New York (15 minutes north of Albany, NY)
We are excited to announce that during our final DTSDE Institute for the 2012-13 school year, which will be held on May 14-17, the culminating sessions will focus on the following topics described below:
Calibration Assurance Team Training
Tuesday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 15
Day 1 (May 14) - will include a close examination of the “Overlapping Technique” within the context of the school final report. This technique is designed to assist CAT members to manage and resolve disagreements concerning ratings by understanding the relationship and interdependency of statements of practice.
Day 2 (May 15) - the day will consist of reviewing district-generated school final reports within small working groups. As part of this session, CAT reviewers will work within and across districts and receive targeted feedback on how to align the school final report with the steps identified in the CAT Guide.
Integrated Intervention Team Training
Thursday, May 16 and Friday, May 17
During the final two days, members of Integrated Intervention Teams will be engaged in activities designed to set forth the “Big Ideas” that connect the needs of students with disabilities and English language learners (ELL) to the DTSDE review process. In addition, participants will review evidence-based systems and practices to identify explicit connections with the Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE).
Day 1 - (May 16) will focus on the district and school level leadership systems that support students with disabilities; evidence-based instructional practices for students with disabilities; and connecting schools to the families of students with disabilities.
Evening Sessions on Thursday, May 16 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. Participants must select their first & second choices from the topics below at the Registration Table by 1:00 p.m. on 5/16:
1) A Collection of Best Practices – Panel presentation by Focus Districts that will share and discuss best practices aligned to the roll-out and implementation of the DTSDE process, including the success that has been experienced as a result of the implementation of the best practice.
2) Supporting Schools Beyond the DTSDE Review - This session is designed to help districts understand what steps need to be taken after they receive the final report. The session will examine the district’s role in providing support, including concrete activities in which to engage during the summer to prepare for implementation of the recommendations in the report, and clarify the district’s role in helping schools to prioritize and address each recommendation in the final report.
3) Practice vs. Task – This session will closely examine organizational theory and highlight the powerful linkage that exists between organizational approach and district and school-based outcomes. The session will also provide reviewers with strategies and techniques for how to transform districts based on recommendations in the DTSDE reports in ways that have a positive impact on student learning.
Day 2 (May 17) - will cover understanding and teaching English language learners; understanding how the DTSDE tenets relate to ELL the LEP/ELL PET’s connection to the DTSDE; and writing findings, evidence and impact statements that focus on the needs of students with disabilities and ELL.
Please note the following very important information:
1) Online Registration is required for all participants attending the May Institute and will be available at the link below until Wednesday, April 24, 2013. Complete the Survey at the following link: https://www.research.net/s/65R9BCV.
2) Reservations should be made immediately at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Conference Center at 518:783-6161. Registration closes on April 24, 2013. Please use the (SED-DTSDE) Room Block. A conference package rate based on NYS per diem for lodging and meals is available. The package rate for May 14-15 participants is $258 and the package rate for May 16-17 participants is $294 (includes dinner on May 16). Participants are responsible for their own dinner on all other days.
3) Participants who commute and those not staying at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Conference Center are required to pay a Registration Only Fee of $25 per day to cover breakfast and lunch, plus $36 for dinner only on Thursday, May 16 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. for DTSDE participants attending one of three evening sessions on that date.
4) In addition to credit cards, purchase orders and school checks are also acceptable forms of payment at the host hotel.
5) Please check the hotel website for directions; free parking is available in an outdoor lot. The hotel also provides complimentary shuttle service from the Amtrak Station in Rensselaer and the Albany International Airport.
Specific questions concerning reservations at the host hotel should be directed to 518: 783-6161. Generic program-related questions should be directed to SED’s DTSDE electronic mailbox at DTSDEtraining@mail.nysed.gov.
The Office of Accountability staff and the DTSDE Team look forward to sharing an exciting and informative DTSDE Institute culminating event on May 14-17.