REGISTRATION for Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) Institute – November 2013
DEADLINE for Registration & Payment is November 12, 2013
Registration is Now Live!
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Conference Center
November 19-20, 2013
Latham, New York
(518) 783-6161 – Phone
(518) 785-0231 – Fax
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Accountability (OA) is pleased to announce online registration for the second in a series of four Diagnostic Tool for School and District Effectiveness (DTSDE) Institutes for the 2013-14 school year. The deadline for registration and payment for meals and lodging is November 12, 2013. This registration form is now available at:
This DTSDE Institute will convene on November 19-20 at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Conference Center, 400 Old Loudon Road in Latham, New York. The focus of this training will be on alignment of the DTSDE school and district review process with the New York State (NYS) Common Core Learning Standards (CCS). The Day 1 session will convene at 8:30 a.m. and end at 7:00 p.m. The Day 2 session will convene at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4:30 p.m.
Who Should Attend?
Each district with four (4) or fewer identified schools may send a team of up to 4 persons and each district with five (5) or more schools may send a team of up to 10 persons. The team should consist of:
- Principals of priority or focus schools;
- Individual(s) who will be leading district reviews or will be the district representative on an Integrated Intervention Team (IIT) visit;
- District selected Outside Educational Experts (OEE). Please note that 1003(a) School Improvement Grant funds may only be used to pay the cost of the services of those OEEs who have been approved by the Department and those who participated in DTSDE Institutes;
- Special Education School Improvement Specialist (SESIS) and Regional Bilingual Education Resource Network (RBE-RN) Regional Directors will coordinate the registration of their staff as appropriate.
All participants, including commuters and staff, are required to register for the DTSDE training at no additional cost by completing the 5-minute survey that is available at the following link:
Meals at Host Hotel
The Meals Only Payment Form (456 KB) must be faxed to the host hotel along with information on the form of payment. Please complete and fax the form to the host hotel at (518) 785-0231 prior to November 12, 2013.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily; dinner will be served when an evening session is scheduled. The total cost of meals for two days is $86 when registration is submitted with Tax Exempt Form ST-129.
The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Conference Center has reserved 100 sleeping rooms on November 18th and 150 rooms on November 19th for DTSDE Institute participants. Please call the hotel immediately at (518) 783-6161 to reserve lodging. Ask for the NYS Room Block.
- Please arrange your accommodations as soon as possible. If sleeping rooms in the NYS Room Block are no longer available, participants need to arrange their own overnight lodging at area hotels.
- The daily rate for sleeping rooms is $111. Acceptable forms of payment at the host hotel include valid credit cards, purchase orders, and/or school checks. Please submit all names to the hotel if more than one person is included in the form of payment used to secure lodging and meals.
All participants are required do the following by the November 12th deadline:
- Register for the Institute by completing the online registration survey at the link below: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/diagnostic-tool-institute-november-2013
- Complete and fax the The Meals Only Payment Form (456 KB) to the host hotel at (518) 785-0231
Participants seeking lodging should also do the following by November 12th:
- Contact the Holiday Inn Express at (518) 783-6161 to reserve lodging and present payment (request email confirmation). Ask for the NYSED Room Block. Please inform the hotel if more than one person is included in the form of payment presented.
- If rooms are no longer available at the Holiday Inn Express, participants will be referred to other area hotels as needed.
Early Sign-In and Questions
Early sign-in will be available onsite at the Holiday Inn Express on Monday, November 18 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. for participants who have registered online and finalized payment for lodging and meals.
PLEASE SEND ALL QUESTIONS by THE REGISTRATION DEADLINE TO: DTSDEtraining@mail.nysed.gov.