Assistant Commissioner General Information Archive: 2006
- 12/28/06 LEP/ELL Student Statewide Assessment Policy Update: Commissioner Mills has issued a field memorandum regarding the Regents and Department's efforts to advocate for change in the federal policy that requires all English language learners (ELLs) who have been in this country for more than one year to take their state’s English language arts tests. Even as the Department works to change the U.S. Department of Education's policy, we must follow the law and implement the policy during this coming year. The field memorandum identifies a number of additional steps the Department has undertaken at various levels to help our ELL students.
- 11/9/06 2006-07 New York State Alternate Assessment Administration Manual (2.14 MB) - The Administration Manual offers an in-depth discussion of the requirements for the 2006-07 NYSAA. The Manual includes the forms that are required for this year as well as resources to assist teachers in administering the 2006-07 NYSAA.
- 8/23/06 Important Changes in NYSAA Administration for 2006-07 - A new field memo is being issued, describing Important Changes Regarding Administration of the New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for 2006-07. To implement federal requirements regarding alternate assessment of students with severe cognitive disabilities, schools must modify their administration of NYSAA for 2006-07 as described in the field memo.
- 8/23/06 Dates of Elementary- and Intermediate-Level State Assessments for the 2006-2007 School Year--Revised Dates for Alternate Assessment for Students with Severe Disabilities (98 KB)
- 8/4/06 LEP/ELL Student Statewide Assessment Policy/Title I Requirements (136 KB): In response to the U.S. Department of Education's recent findings that the New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test can no longer be used for Title I accountability purposes, the Department has changed its policy on the assessment of LEP/ELL students beginning with the 2006-07 school year.
- 6/14/06 June Regents Examinations: During the June Regents examination period, which begins today and ends June 23, the Department will offer administration and scoring information at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/regentsexams/6-06/home.html.
- 3/20/06 Adjustment in Schedule for the Administration of the 2006 NYSESLAT (114 KB)
The purpose of this memorandum is to advise you about adjustments in the shipping, administration and scoring windows for the 2006 New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT).
- 2/15/06 NYSESLAT – Determining a Limited-English-Proficient Student’s Level of English Proficiency (151 KB)
This memorandum provides the scaled score ranges for the NYSESLAT 2006 and guidance and information concerning the interpretation of the scaled scores.
- 2/14/06 The June 2006 Regents Examination Schedule is now available online.