THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
Regents of The University
- President of The University and Commissioner of Education
- DR. JOHN B. KING, JR.
- Deputy Commissioner of Education, P-12
- KEN SLENTZ
- Associate Commissioner, Office of Curriculum, Assessment, and Educational Technology
- KEN WAGNER
- Director, Transition to Common Core Assessments
- CANDACE SHYER
- Director, Office of State Assessment
- STEVEN E. KATZ
The State Education Department does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race, gender, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or sexual orientation in its educational programs, services and activities. Portions of this publication can be made available in a variety of formats, including braille, large print or audio tape, upon request. Inquiries concerning this policy of nondiscrimination should be directed to the Department’s Office for Diversity, Ethics, and Access, Room 530, Education Building, Albany, NY 12234.
This publication is intended for use by school administrators and counselors. It provides general information on Regents Examinations and Regents Competency Tests (RCTs), as well as the specific requirements and procedures for requesting, administering, and rating these examinations.
The Office of State Assessment (OSA) has overall responsibility for the administration of Regents Examinations and RCTs. All questions and comments concerning the administration of these examinations should be addressed to that office. Examples would include admission to examinations, scheduling of examinations, testing accommodations for English language learners, and rating of papers.
The contact information for OSA is provided below.
- Office of State Assessment
- Room 775 EBA
- New York State Education Department
- Albany, New York 12234
- Tel: (518) 474-5902
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/