Test Distribution Unit
The New York State Education Department Office of Facilities and Business Services Test Distribution Unit is responsible for the shipping and receiving of Regents Exams, Elementary and Intermediate Level Tests, pretests and field test materials. All secure and non-secure materials are shipped from our secure facility. We work in joint effort with the Office of State Assessment to ensure that Elementary, Middle, and Secondary schools have the necessary materials to administer tests to students.
This page is designed to help answer some frequently asked questions and provide general information.
Test Shipment Tracking
All test shipments will be delivered by UPS and may be delivered at any time between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Schools that do not receive their shipment of secure test materials by 4 p.m. on the day before the test should track the shipment of test materials to them from the Department on the Internet. Go to: http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html . Click the Reference Number tab. In the Reference Number field, type the 12-digit BEDS code of the school where you asked that the tests be shipped. If you are unable to track your shipment or notice some other irregularity, contact the Office of State Assessment via fax at 518-474-2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who do I notify if my materials don't arrive?
- If you do not get your examination material in a reasonable time before the test administration date contact the Office of State Assessment by fax at (518) 474-2021 between the hours of 7:30am-4:30pm.
- What if my key to the locked boxes doesn't arrive?
- Your key should arrive at least 2 days prior to the test administration date. If you do not receive your keys, contact the Test Distribution Unit at (518) 474-5914. They will assist you with this matter.
- I need additional copies of an examination. Can I make a copy of it?
- No, photocopying of state examinations is strictly prohibited. The correct number of copies should have been sent to you. We double check the packing. If you determine that the exams have not been sent to you, contact the Office of State Assessment at (518) 474-8220. They will assist you to obtain the additional examination materials that your school requires.
The Test Distribution Unit consists of trained staff with an acute sense of professionalism.
- Mission: To provide quality examination materials, packaged properly and delivered on time.
- Vision: To be the very best examination delivery unit in the nation.
The Test Distribution Unit is part of the Office of Facilities and Business Services and works in conjunction with the Office of State Assessment. The Office of State Assessment works closely with the Test Distribution Unit to aid in the test administration process. Security and timeliness is of the utmost importance in our daily functions.
To help deliver an exceptional product, we have implemented various technologies and enhancements to the shipping process.
Test Distribution Unit at (518) 474-5914