- New York State Summer School of the Arts (NYSSSA)
- The eight Summer Schools of the Arts are directed and staffed by internationally acclaimed artists and companies such as the New York City Ballet , the Philadelphia Orchestra , and the Circle East Theater Company. Students work in small groups and in one-on-one sessions with professionals and with other students of similar ability. NYSSSA's goal is clear: to provide intensive, preprofessional training programs for New York State's most gifted and motivated young artists, those who are considering careers in the arts or entertainment industries.
- New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA)
- The New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) is a non-profit educational organization chartered by the Board of Regents. NYSSMA's purpose is to advance the cause of music education and to promote appropriate projects and activities. NYSSMA is a State unit of MENC.
- MENC: The National Association for Music Education
- The Music Educators National Conference (MENC) is the national association for music education. The mission of MENC: the National Association for Music Education is to advance music education by encouraging the study and making of music by all.
Visual Arts Education
- New York State Art Teachers (NYSATA)
- The New York State Art Teachers (NYSATA) is a non-profit professional organization founded in 1948 for the purpose of advancing the cause of art education.
- New York State Media Arts Teachers Association (NYSMATA)
- New York State Theatre Education Association
- The New York State Theatre Education Association is an organization which promotes theatre education for youth in the educational mainstream. NYSTEA provides opportunities and activities for members to exchange ideas and materials for the betterment of youth and theatre.
- New York State Dance Education Association (NYSDEA)
- The New York State Dance Education Association is a non-profit organization, affiliated with the National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) . NYSDEA strengthens the network of dance educators and promotes dance as an art form and as an effective tool for education.
National Arts Education Policy/Information
- Arts Education Partnership
- The Arts Education Partnership is a national coalition of arts, education, business, philanthropic and government organizations that demonstrates and promotes the essential role of arts education in the learning and development of every child and in the improvement of American's schools.
- Americans for the Arts
- Americans for the Arts is a nonprofit organization for advancing the arts in America. With offices in Washington, DC, and New York City, it has a record of more than 40 years of service. Americans for the Arts is dedicated to representing and serving local communities and creating opportunities for every American to participate in and appreciate all forms of the arts.
- U. S. Department of Education (USDOE)
Disclaimer: The Curriculum, Instruction, and Instructional Technology Team will conduct periodic reviews of additional links to post on this website that promote standards-based instruction for all New York State students. These links contain information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. They are merely provided for the user’s convenience. The New York State Education Department does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. The inclusion of these links is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products and services offered, on these outside sites, or by their sponsoring organizations.