This Arts Education website provides materials and resources for developing quality PreK-12 dance, music, theatre, and visual arts education programs. It includes resources to inform users about the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts and related curriculum guides, instructional requirements, and assessment tools.
On this page you will find links to:
- the New York State Learning Standards for the Arts (Dance, Music, Theatre, and Visual Arts) ;
- a Summary of the PreK-12 Arts Education State requirements;
- Approval Information and Application for locally developed courses;
- Statewide Arts Education Data summaries and multiyear charts;
- Other resources that support increased student achievement of the learning standards; and
- Periodic updates regarding Arts news, information, and funding opportunities from the State and national levels to promote arts education.
New York State Survey on Core Arts Standards
NYSED, along with the five professional arts associations of New York State and the NYS Alliance for Arts Education have created a survey to reach out to NYS arts teachers and administrators for their input concerning potential adoption of the National Core Arts Standards, which were released in June. The survey will open September 15 and close on Monday, October 6. Participation in this survey will provide valuable feedback regarding P-12 Arts education in New York State. Access the survey at http://www.nysaae.org/ncas-survey/ .