The Arts Education site provides guidance materials, tools and resources to assist districts and schools in developing and maintaining high quality sequential arts programs.
Resources for the Common Core Connections With the Arts
- Dance Shifts/ELA
- Dance Shifts/Math
- Music Shifts
- Theatre Shifts
- Visual Arts Shifts/ELA
- Visual Arts Shifts/Math
- College Board Connections
- Guiding Principles for the Arts
- The Arts Education Partnership is providing this ever growing selection of resources to help arts educators, school leaders, and policymakers develop a better understanding of the Common Core and what the movement means for the arts. http://www.aep-arts.org/resources-2/common-core-and-the-arts/
- The National Parent-Teacher Association has created a series of documents that spell out the Common Core expectations for each grade level. The Parent’s Guide to Student Success describes what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career. This document can be used as a resource for arts curriculum mapping. To view the document, go to http://www.pta.org/4446.htm.
- Educational Consultant and author Jay McTighe (Understanding by Design) who has been assisting National Coalition for Core Arts Standards (NCCAS) Project Manager Phil Shepherd, has shared a recent white paper he authored with Grant Wiggins entitled From Common Core Standards to Curriculum. From Common Core Standards to Curriculum: Five Big Ideas ( 210 KB)