Modifications for Special Education & ELL Students:
- Students may consult with the regular education teacher regarding additional resources and support.
- During resource room period, students may work with their special education or ELL teacher to further explore sources.
- Remedial reading and ELA teachers should be aware of the assignments. They may also provide further assistance to students.
- Media center and library staff will pull additional resources and compile for students.
- Additional time may be allotted when submitting assignments.
- Assignments will be broken down into different stages to accommodate students.
- Visual assistance (flowcharts, pictures, illustrations) may also help students with the assignments.
- Assign the longer reading passage to those students who can handle more difficult reading passages. Assign the visual activities to students who learn best with visual aids.