News items are listed chronologically. To read a news item, click on the link to access the information.
- Resources for Interpreting Grades 3-8 ELA Tests, Results, & Score Reports
- Tools for interpreting the 2013 NYSED Grades 3-8 ELA assessments are now available for parents and educators on EngageNY. Parental resources, annotated 2012-13 State Assessment questions, plus additional tools are available at EngageNY
- Common Core ELA Resources for Teachers Available!
- Common Core Toolkit: A collection of resources needed for implementing the NYS P-12 Common Core Learning Standards is now available in one place: http://engageny.org/resource/common-core-toolkit/
- Curriculum Models: Our P-2 Curriculum and 3-5 Curriculum Models are currently under development, and year long draft Curricular Maps have recently been made available. Please access them at this link: http://engageny.org/resource/year-long-draft-curricular-maps-in-ela-and-mathematics/
- Text Complexity: We have posted a Text Complexity Toolkit which includes qualitative rubrics for determining appropriateness of text at varying quantitative levels, and suggestions for building the "staircase" of increasing complexity in what students must be able to read to meet the college and career readiness expectations.http://www.achievethecore.org/ela-literacy-common-core/text-complexity/
- Updated Publisher's Criteria: Student Achievement Partners has updated the Publisher's Criteria for ELA/Literacy for grades K-2 and 3-12, you can access them from their www.achievethecore.org website: