Standard 1: Students will be able to use a language other than English for communication.
Key Idea: LISTENING & SPEAKING support the reading skills in Latin. support the reading skills in Latin.
Performance Indicators--Students will:
- Checkpoint A
- recognize and comprehend simple spoken Latin statements and questions based on classroom situations
- articulate simple Latin phrases and convey meaning in controlled situations
- Checkpoint B
- comprehend simple spoken Latin statements and questions based on a classroom situation or a simple Latin passage read aloud
- read familiar Latin aloud and speak Latin with accurate pronunciation, appropriate phrase grouping, voice inflection, and expression in controlled classroom situations
- Checkpoint C
- recognize and appreciate the linguistic and artistic qualities of oral Latin prose and poetry when read aloud
- read aloud Latin prose and poetry with attention to features such as the correct metrical structure