Native American Languages
Standard 2: Students will develop cross-cultural skills and understandings.
Key Idea: CULTURE is transmitted and preserved through knowledge about the lives of Native American people and the sharing of their cultural ideology.
Performance Indicators--Students will:
- Checkpoint A
- demonstrate an awareness of Native culture
- recognize the names of cultural items and their uses
- understand the history and cultural symbols of the people
- demonstrate knowledge about the clan system
- Checkpoint B
- demonstrate increased knowledge of Native culture through their myths and legends, art and architecture, and literature and government
- recognize how Native cultural ideas exist within modern America
- Checkpoint C
- demonstrate a through knowledge of the Native culture
- distinguish between various subgroups
- relate their knowledge and understanding of the culture to other Native American groups