Learning Standards and Core Curriculum
Note: All school districts are expected to have their local curriculum aligned to the P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics by school year 2012-13. During the 2012-13 school year, student achievement expectations for Mathematics will be based on the P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics.
P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics (2011)
New Standard 3
As Approved by the Board of Regents on March 15, 2005
- understand the concepts of and become proficient with the skills of mathematics;
- communicate and reason mathematically;
- become problem solvers by using appropriate tools and strategies;
through the integrated study of number sense and operations, algebra, geometry, measurement, and statistics and probability.
NYS Mathematics Core Curriculum (Revised March 2005) | PDF (394 KB) | Word (679 KB)
- The PreK-8 portion of this core is effective September 2005.
- The Commencement-level portion of this core becomes effective in September of 2007. Implementation may begin sooner based on local choice.
- Overview of NYS Mathematics Core Curriculum (194 KB)