Mathematics Toolkit Curriculum Guidance Materials & Resources
Prekindergarten to Grade 8 Mathematics Toolkit
- Overview of NYS Mathematics Core Curriculum March 2005 (194 KB)
- NYS Mathematics Core Curriculum Revised March 2005 - HTML version | PDF version (394 KB) | Word version (682 KB)
- Crosswalk: New York State Learning Standard for Mathematics: 1996 to March 2005 May 2005
- Glossary for Teachers and Suggested Lists of Mathematical Language by Grade Level June 2005.
The Glossary of Mathematical Terms (preK-grade 8) has been updated to reflect field experiences from the first year of implementation of the New York State Mathematics Core Curriculum (Revised 2005) October 2006
- Sample Tasks for PreK-8, aligned with Performance Indicators, are available by grade level. These sample tasks, developed by New York State teachers, are clarifications, further explaining the language and intent of the associated Performance Indicators. These tasks are not test items, nor are they meant for students' use.
- The Instructional Recommendations for Elementary and Intermediate Mathematics Instruction Posted June 2006
- NYS Grades 3-8 Mathematics Testing Program Guidance, September-April/May-June (351 KB)
- NYS Grades 3-8 Mathematics Testing Program Guidance: Pre-March/Post-March March 2005
- Template for Analysis of Mathematics Programs/Series March 2005
- Introduction to the Grades 3-8 Testing Program in English Language Arts and Mathematics February 2005
- The Grades 3-8 Testing Program in English Language Arts and Mathematics - A Parent's Guide: Translated versions, October 2005
- The NYSED Virtual Learning System displays sample tasks for the prekindergarten through commencement level performance indicators. These tasks can be viewed by drilling down through the VLS, Mathematics, Learning Standards 3 2005.
Grade 9 to Grade 12 - Commencement-Level Mathematics Toolkit
June 23, 2010