Physical Education Learning Standards
Resource Management Standard 3
Students understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources
Key Idea: Students will:
- will be aware of and able to access opportunities available to them within their community to engage in physical activity.
- be informed consumers and be able to evaluate facilities and programs.
- be aware of some career options in the field of physical fitness and sports.
- know that resources available at home and in the community offer opportunities to participate in and enjoy a variety of physical activities in their leisure time
- become discriminating consumers of fitness information, health-related fitness activities in their communities, and fitness and sports equipment
- demonstrate the ability to apply the decision making process to physical activity
- should be informed consumers, aware of the alternatives available to them within their communities for physical activity and should be able to evaluate facilities and programs available
- demonstrate the ability to locate physical activity information, products, and services
- know some career options in the field of physical fitness and sports
- recognize their role as concerned and discriminating consumers of physical activities programs and understand the importance of physical activity as a resource for everyone regardless of age or ability
- recognize the benefits of engaging in appropriate physical activities with others, including both older and younger members of the community
- identify a variety of career opportunities associated with sports and fitness and understand the qualifications, educational requirements, and job responsibilities of those careers