Physical Education Learning Standards
Alternate Assessment Standard 2, A Safe and Healthy Environment
Students will: will acquire the knowledge and ability necessary to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Key Idea: Students will
- demonstrate responsible personal and social behavior while engaged in physical activity. They will understand that physical activity provides the opportunity for enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and communication.
- be able to identify safety hazards and react effectively to ensure a safe and positive experience for all participants.
- contribute to a safe and healthy environment by observing safe conditions for games, recreation, and outdoor activities
- learn and practice appropriate participation and spectator behaviors to produce a safe and positive environment
- work constructively with others to accomplish a variety of tasks
- demonstrate how injuries from physical activity can be prevented
- demonstrate care, consideration, and respect of self and others during physical activity