At the Second Social Studies Summit of the New York State Education Department (NYSED), the social studies professional organizations asked the Department to expand the Global History and Geography Core Curriculum into an online resource guide. They specifically asked that this new resource include models of course organizations. Currently, there is no single statewide model. Local school districts graciously submitted a variety of pacing calendars and curriculum maps. Our purpose in sharing these models is to provide a sampling of models based on differing student needs and district demographics and to include contact information so that districts can engage in a dialogue about current instructional practice.
If your school district has resources that may benefit other school districts, please email Jo Ann Larson, NYSED Associate in Social Studies Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Albany City School District
- Huntington Union Free School - Grade 9 - word, pdf
- Huntington Union Free School - Grade 10- word, pdf
- New York City Board of Education
- New York City - Region 4
- Olean City School District - Grade 9
- Olean City School District - Grade 10
- Rush Henrietta
- Wantagh Union Free School District - Grade 9
- Wantagh Union Free School District - Grade 10