Standard 3, Alternate Assessment for Students with Severe Disabilities
Key Idea: Students will study local, State, national and global geography. Geography can be divided into six essential elements: The world in spatial terms, places and regions, physical settings (including natural resources), human systems, environment and society and the use of geography.
Performance Indicators for Students with Severe Disabilities
- communicate about how people live, work, and utilize natural resources•draw or build maps and diagrams representing their home, school and community
- locate places within the local community, New York State and United States
- gather and organize geographic information from a variety of sources and display it in a number of ways
- identify and compare physical characteristics of different regions and people
- demonstrate their location within their community, State and world