School Bus Driver Instructor Professional Development Seminar Delivery of Training
- Questions and Answers (19 kb) - POSTED January 22, 2013
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking proposals for the delivery of the annual Professional Development Seminar (PDS) for School Bus Driver Instructors (SBDIs) required under Education Law 3650-C and Commissioner’s Regulations 156.3. The Professional Development Seminar is a major tool for providing updated and continual training of School Bus Driver Instructors, who in turn provide refresher training to public and nonpublic school bus drivers, monitors and attendants. Eligible applicants include school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), or any other not-for-profit organization.
Subcontracting is limited to 30% of the annual contract budget. NYSED reserves the right to approve all subcontractors. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee, direct, personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
NYSED will award one (1) contract with a term of five (5) years, anticipated to begin on July 1, 2013 and end on June 30, 2018.
The bidder must utilize a minimum of two (2) certified Master Instructors to teach each PDS class.
Components contained in RFP #13-011 are as follows:
- Description Of Services To Be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
Questions regarding this RFP must be submitted by E-mail to RFP13011@mail.nysed.gov no later than the close of business January 17, 2013.
UPDATE (Posted 1/22/13): The period for content questions closed on January 17, 2013. Please refer to the Questions and Answers (19 kb) document for answers to questions received. Questions about the RFP application process may still be directed to RFP13011@mail.nysed.gov.
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and be received at NYSED no later than February 14, 2013 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP#13-011 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal - RFP #13-011 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #13-011 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents – RFP #13-011 Do Not Open
- CD ROM containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD-ROM-RFP#13-011 Do Not Open.
Submit each of the above documents in a separately sealed envelope.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Attention: Gary Yorkshire RFP#13-011
Contract Administration Unit 505W EB
Bureau of Fiscal Management
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable.