Professional Development for Impartial Hearing Officers
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Special Education is seeking proposals to:
- develop and deliver professional development programs for Impartial Hearing Officers (IHOs) who conduct impartial hearings for students with disabilities as required by section 615 of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), section 4404 of New York State (NYS) Education Law and sections 200.1 and 200.5 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education; and
- conduct investigations of complaints alleging the misconduct or challenging the competence of an IHO pursuant to section 200.21 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education; and
- develop an evaluation protocol, including standards and methodology, for the purposes of evaluating NYS IHOs. (Note: The vendor will not be required to conduct the evaluation, but rather develop the protocol and a proposed process to be used by NYSED for evaluation purposes.)
Eligible bidders include Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs), and Not-for-profit / for-profit organizations / professional corporations that provide technical assistance on dispute resolution are also eligible to apply.
Subcontracting/Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE)
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty percent (30%) of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
Terms of Contract
NYSED will award 1 contract pursuant to this RFP. The contract resulting from this RFP will be for a term anticipated to begin June 1, 2016 and end May 31, 2021.
The service area for this RFP will cover all of New York State.
See Mandatory Requirements section of the RFP
Components contained in RFP Proposal #16-003 are as follows:
- Description Of Services To Be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by E-mail to IHORFP2016@nysed.gov no later than the close of business January 20, 2016. Questions regarding this request should be identified as Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted here no later than January 29, 2016. The following are the designated contacts for this procurement:
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and be received at NYSED no later than February 16, 2016 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP #16-003 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal – RFP #16-003 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #16-003 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents – RFP #16-003 Do Not Open
- CD-ROM containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD-ROM-RFP#16-003 Do Not Open.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Nell Brady, RFP#16-003
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 501W EB
Albany, NY 12234
(Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable)