New York State Technical and Education Assistance Center for Homeless Students
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking proposals to carry out the responsibilities of the New York State Technical and Education Assistance Center for Homeless Students (NYS-TEACHS) and to address issues involving homeless children and unaccompanied youth. NYS-TEACHS will work with NYSED, the Local Education Agencies (LEAs) Homeless Liaisons (linked by District) at http://www.nysteachs.org/liaisons/search.html?list=district, as well as agencies providing services to homeless children and youth to:
- Disseminate information that will reach a wide range of audiences on the effects of homelessness on children and unaccompanied youth, the duties of the Homeless Liaisons, and the responsibilities of LEAs for identifying, enrolling and helping homeless students succeed;
- Provide professional development and technical assistance to the LEAs and Local Department of Social Services (LDSS) staff; and to
- Help ensure that school districts, social service providers, shelters, families, and others are in compliance with federal and State laws related to homeless students, including the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (http://center.serve.org/nche/downloads/mv-full-text.docx ), Education Law 3209 (http://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/lawsregs/3209.html ), and the Commissioner’s Regulations 100.2(x) (http://www.p12.nysed.gov/part100/pages/1002.html#x).
Subcontracting/Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE)
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty percent (30%) of the annual contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as nonemployee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals Section below.
Terms of Contract
NYSED will award 1 contract pursuant to this RFP. The contract resulting from this RFP will be for a 5-year period beginning July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2021.
See Mandatory Requirements section of the RFP
Components contained in RFP Proposal #16-004 are as follows:
- Description Of Services To Be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
Questions and Answers (197 KB)
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by E-mail to HomelessTAC@nysed.gov no later than the close of business January 15, 2016. Questions regarding this request should be identified as either Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted here no later than January 27, 2016.
Melanie P. Faby
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and received at NYSED no later than February 12, 2016 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents - RFP #16-004 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal - RFP #16-004 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #16-004 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents — RFP #16-004 Do Not Open
- CD-ROM containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD-ROM-RFP#16-004 Do Not Open.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 501W EB
Albany, NY 12234
(Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable)