Intensive Teacher Institute in Bilingual Special Education (ITI-BSE)
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Special Education is seeking proposals to establish an Intensive Teacher Institute in Bilingual Special Education (ITI-BSE) to address staff shortages in bilingual special education and related service areas through administration of a tuition assistance program involving coordination with NYSED, university-level training programs and LEAs. The purposes of the ITI-BSE are to:
- manage a tuition assistance program for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing certification to provide services to bilingual students with disabilities in New York State (NYS);
- provide instructional support to colleges and universities that offer programs leading to BSE certification;
- engage in outreach to the public, school districts and approved private programs to identify qualified candidates;
- provide technical assistance to candidates in the areas of certification, coursework requirements, and ITI-BSE requirements; and
- report to NYSED on candidates’ progress, program completion, completion of service commitments and certification rates.
Eligible bidders include boards of cooperative educational services (BOCES), institutions of higher education (IHEs), not-for-profit and for profit organizations.
Subcontracting/Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE)
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty percent (30%) of the annual contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
Terms of Contract
NYSED intends to award one (1) contract with a term of five (5) years, beginning on October 1, 2017 and ending on September 30, 2022 subject to continued availability of funds for such purposes.
New York State. The ITI-BSE will provide services throughout NYS. The distribution of services is dependent upon the needs of NYSED with respect to addressing personnel shortages.
See Mandatory Requirements Section of the RFP.
Components contained in RFP Proposal #17-017 are as follows:
- Description of Services to Be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers - Posted April 7, 2017
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by E-mail to RFP17017@nysed.gov no later than the March 31, 2017. Questions regarding this request should be identified as either Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted here no later than April 7, 2017.
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and be received at NYSED no later than April 21, 2017 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP #17-017 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal – RFP #17-017 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #17-017 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents – RFP #17-017 Do Not Open
- CD-ROM containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD-ROM- RFP #17-017 Do Not Open.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Richard Duprey, RFP#17-017
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 501W EB
Albany, NY 12234
(Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable)