Transportation: Unkechaug Reservation to and from Center Moriches Union Free Schools
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) is seeking bids for the transportation of certain Native American pupils from the Unkechaug Indian Reservation to and from nonpublic schools and schools in the Center Moriches Union Free School District. Eligible applicants include private bus companies, motor coach companies and school districts who have demonstrated expertise in the area of school bus transportation. NYSED will award one (1) contract with a term of five (5) years. The contract will run from September 1, 2012-June 30, 2017. Subcontracting is not allowed for this contract, services must be provided by the bidding organization.
There are no M/WBE goals for this IFB. However, as part of NYSED's commitment to utilizing M/WBE firms, NYSED strongly encourages bidders to use New York State certified M/WBE firms to the greatest extent possible.
The vendor must agree to all specifications outlined in the IFB. This includes signing the Mandatory Requirements Certification located in 5.) Submission Documents.
Components contained in IFB#12-004 are as follows:
- Description of Services to be Performed
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Submission Documents (separate document)
The following documents must be received at NYSED no later than June 4, 2012 by 3:00 PM:
- Cost Proposal— Four (4) copies (one bearing an original signature in blue ink) of all documentation referenced in Attachment G located in 5.) Submission Documents.
- A copy of the cost proposal must also be submitted in Microsoft Word on CD-ROM.
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Attention: Gary Yorkshire IFB#12-004
Contract Administration Unit 505W EB
Bureau of Fiscal Management
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable.
Submit each of the following documents in a separately sealed envelope:
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – IFB #12-004 Do Not Open
- A copy of the cost proposal in Microsoft Word on CD-ROM labeled CD-ROM-IFB #12-004 Do Not Open