Applications for Program Approval and Re-approval
Application Closeout Procedures
Re-approvals expiring June 30 must be submitted by December 31 of the same year (e.g., programs expiring June of 2015 must be received by SED by December 31, 2015). If applications are not received by the December 31 deadline, programs will be considered inactive and removed from the approved program list. Inactive programs are not eligible to award the CTE endorsement.
Application for CTE Program Approval ( 150 KB)
2015 Program Re-approval Application ( 139 KB)
2014 Program Re-approval Application ( 142 KB)
New 4/17/15Approved Program Amendment form ( 26 KB)
Guidelines for Approvals and Re-approvals
A school district or BOCES seeking approval or re-approval for a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program must complete the appropriate application. Electronic submission is required.
- A separate application must be filed for each CTE program seeking approval or re-approval.
- A re-approval application must be reviewed and processed by the State Education Department for each program originally approved or re-approved. Successful re-approval is necessary in order to continue awarding the CTE endorsements on diplomas.
- An application will not be processed unless all information is provided and the appropriate official has signed it.
- Questions regarding the completion of the CTE program approval or re-approval application may be directed by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (518) 486-1547.
- Two versions of the application must be submitted: an electronic copy (MSWord document only) to email@example.com; and the original signature application and all supporting documents mailed to:
CTE Program Approval
New York State Education Department
Career and Technical Education Team
89 Washington Avenue, Room 315 EB
Albany, New York 12234