1/21/14 New Instructions
Electronic submission now required, please review updated instructions, ( 53 KB)which apply to both approval and re-approval.
Application for CTE Program Approval ( 150 KB)
2014 Program Re-approval Application ( 142 KB)
2013 Program Re-approval Application ( 141KB)
Instructions for Approvals and Re-approvals
A school district or BOCES seeking approval or re-approval for a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program must complete the appropriate application.
- A re-approval application must be processed by the State Education Department for each program originally approved or re-approved during the 2009-2010 school year. Successful re-approval is necessary in order to continue awarding the CTE endorsement on diplomas issued during the 2014-2015 school year and remaining approved period of time.*
- A separate application must be filed for each CTE program seeking approval or re-approval.
- An application will not be processed unless all information is provided and the appropriate official has signed it.
- Questions regarding the completion of the CTE program approval or re-approval application may be directed by e-mail to email@example.com or by calling (518) 486-1547.
- Two versions of the application must be submitted: an electronic copy (MSWord document only) to firstname.lastname@example.org ; and the original signature application and all supporting documents mailed to:
CTE Program Approval
New York State Education Department
Career and Technical Education Team
89 Washington Avenue, Room 315 EB
Albany, New York 12234