Impacts of Technology
Key idea: Technology can have positive and negative impacts on individuals, society, and the environment and humans have the capability and responsibility to constrain or promote technological development.
- describe how technology can have positive and negative effects on the environment and on the way people live and work
- describe how outputs of a technological system can be desired, undesired, expected, or unexpected
- describe through examples how modern technology reduces manufacturing and construction costs and produces more uniform products
- explain that although technological effects are complex and difficult to predict accurately, humans can control the development and implementation of technology.
- explain how computers and automation have changed the nature of work
- explain how national security is dependent upon both military and nonmilitary applications of technology