Career & Technical Education

Work-Based Learning and CDOS

Registered or unregistered work-based learning experiences may be used to fulfill the work-based learning requirement for Option 1 for the CDOS Credential or Pathway for Graduation.  For experiences to count as hours towards Option 1, they must be supervised by appropriately certified school staff:

Type of Experience

Who Can Supervise?

CEIP or Co-op program

A certified Career and Technical Education Teacher who holds Extension 8982: Coordinator of Work-Based Learning for Career Development

GEWEP or WECEP Program

A certified teacher or school counselor who holds either Extension 8981: Coordinator of Work-Based Learning for Career Awareness or Coordinator of Work-Based Learning for Career Development

Unregistered experiences (job shadowing, school-based enterprise, community service, on-site projects, community-based work programs)

Any school staff.  It is, however, highly recommended, that supervising individuals hold either extension 8981 or 8982.

Additional CDOS resources can be found on the following Office of Curriculum and Instruction pages
CDOS Pathway to a Regents or Local Diploma
CDOS Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: February 19, 2020