Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FINAL COST REPORTS DUE
- Please be advised that the NYSED Office of State Aid recently compiled a list of Final Cost Reports (FCR) that are due by June 30, 2014. These are projects that were approved by the Commissioner of Education (Office of Facilities Planning, OFP) prior to July 1, 2011 and are not subject to the new Final Cost Rules associated with Chapter 97. Please see additional information here. (05/02/14)
2014 MANUAL OF PLANNING STANDARDS
- The comment period for the new Manual of Planning Standards (MPS) has now closed. Thank you to all who submitted comments for review. The final 2014 MPS will be released on or about October 1, 2014. Any projects received on or after December 1, 2014 will be subject to the new MPS.
- 2014 Manual of Planning Standards (draft) (04/04/14)
2015 NEW YORK STATE GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM
- New York State Green Ribbon Schools application process will be starting soon. Please visit the NYS-GRS program website for further information about the 2015 Green Ribbon Schools program. (09/05/15)
PROJECT MANAGER LIST
- One of our project managers (Jeremy Bollam) recently left our office for another job opportunity. Until we have a replacement, please refer to our Project Manager List by District web page for temporary assignments. (06/14/13)
NEW YORK SECURE AMMUNITION AND FIREARMS ENFORCEMENT ACT (NYSAFE)
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
- NON-PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
- NON-Public School Safety Equipment Funding (02/12/14)
- Note: Non-Public schools must obtain building perrmits or other approvals is required by local jurisdiction.
Please view our news page for additional important news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918