Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- The Office of facilities Planning has openings for Sr. Architects Gr 24 and Sr. Engineers Gr 24 - please see links below for additional information or contact Carl Thurnau:
- New York State has adopted a rule that amends the Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code by adding provisions requiring the installation of carbon monoxide detection in all new and existing commercial buildings that have appliances, devices or systems that may emit carbon monoxide or an attached garage. School facilities are included in the definition of commercial buildings. The rule became effective on June 27, 2015. For more information please see this web page. (07/23/15)
- PreK-12 public and nonpublic schools are invited to submit an application to the New York State Green Ribbon Schools program for nomination to become a U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools (ED-GRS) awardee. For more information please visit the NYS Green Ribbon Schools web page. (07/15/15)
- Also see special GREEN RIBBON EDITION of Facilities Planning Newsletter
- The 2015 Building Contion Survey format has now been posted on our web site at the following link. The on-line data entry portal is not open at this time. Please check our web site for future updates.
- 2015 Building Condition Survey format (05/13/15)
- The SMART SCHOOLS BOND ACT (SBBA) OF 2014 was passed in the 2014-15 Enacted Budget and approved by the voters in a statewide referendum held during the 2014 General Election on Tuesday, November 4, 2014. The Smart Schools Bond Act authorized the issuance of $2 billion of general obligation bonds to finance improved educational technology and infrastructure to improve learning and opportunity for students throughout the State. Please see link below for guidance:
- Smart Schools Bond Act (SSBA) Guidance (04/29/15)
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918