Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- Please help us celebrate Carl's 20 years of service to the Office of Facilities Planning. See flyer below for information:
- We Building Condition Survey data entry and submission was closed effective June 30, 2016. All data entry should have been completed by the deadline including certifying and submitting the surveys by the school superintendent. (07/20/16)
- Many districts have requested an extension to submit the Building Condition Survey. It is unknown at this time whether an extension will be granted. A decision on whether the deadline for submission will be extended will be made in the near future. (07/20/16)
- We have received calls from districts that submitted the BCS records by the deadline, but still have unsubmitted records in their inbox in the portal. Districts should check the records remaining in the portal, and if not needed to be submitted (blank copy or record with errors), the record should be labeled 'DELETE' as the unique identifier (building name) and saved. We will be running a clean-up program to remove any records that have been named 'delete' from the portal. (07/20/16)
- For additional information on the 2015 Building Condition Survey please see the following link:
- 2015 Building Condition Survey (12/14/15)
- Please see memo issued by Commissioner Elia (06/02/16)
- The Office of facilities Planning has openings for Sr. Architects Gr 24 and Sr. Engineers Gr 24 - please see links below for additional information or contact Carl Thurnau:
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918