Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING ZONE 6 FIRE SAFETY REPORTS
- Please be advised that Zone 6 Fire Safety Reports are due August 1, 2014 as identified in the mailing issued in mid May. Zone 6 was inadvertently mailed out again yesterday 6/18/14, and was incorrectly attached to a Zone 7 letter and due date. Please disregard and ignore this second mailing which you will be receiving shortly. Zone 6 fire reports continue to be due August 1, 2014. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FINAL COST REPORTS DUE
- Please be advised that the NYSED Office of State Aid recently compiled a list of Final Cost Reports (FCR) that are due by June 30, 2014. These are projects that were approved by the Commissioner of Education (Office of Facilities Planning, OFP) prior to July 1, 2011 and are not subject to the new Final Cost Rules associated with Chapter 97. Please see additional information here. (05/02/14)
2014 MANUAL OF PLANNING STANDARDS
- The comment period for the new Manual of Planning Standards (MPS) has now closed. Thank you to all who submitted comments for review. The final 2014 MPS will be released on or about October 1, 2014. Any projects received on or after December 1, 2014 will be subject to the new MPS.
- 2014 Manual of Planning Standards (draft) (04/04/14)
2014 NEW YORK STATE GREEN RIBBON SCHOOLS PROGRAM
- Congratulations to Anne Hutchinson Elementary School, Eastchester, NY for being named a US Education Department 2014 Green Ribbon Schools (ED-GRS) honoree. The full list of 2014 honorees is available here and a report, detailing each of them is available here. Please visit the NYS-GRS program website for further information about the 2014 Green Ribbon Schools program. (05/02/14)
PROJECT MANAGER LIST
- One of our project managers (Jeremy Bollam) recently left our office for another job opportunity. Until we have a replacement, please refer to our Project Manager List by District web page for temporary assignments. (06/14/13)
NEW YORK SECURE AMMUNITION AND FIREARMS ENFORCEMENT ACT (NYSAFE)
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
- NON-PUBLIC SCHOOLS:
- NON-Public School Safety Equipment Funding (02/12/14)
- Note: Non-Public schools must obtain building perrmits or other approvals is required by local jurisdiction.
Please view our news page for additional important news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918