Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- On September 6, 2016, the Governor signed legislation requiring all school districts in New York State to test potable water systems for lead contamination and to take responsive actions. To implement this new law, the Department of Health issued emergency regulations, titled Lead Testing in School Drinking Water.
- Please follow this link to our web page with additional information. (09/16/16)
- Please follow this link to the State Aid web page for guidance on testing, remediation and claiming State Aid. (10/13/16)
- The project manager list by school district has been updated. (09/15/16)
- The deadline for 2015 Building Condition Survey (BCS) data entry and submission has been extended to November 18th, 2016. Your submission is not final until it has been certified by the school superintendent. You will know that your submission is final when each BCS record has moved from the ‘inbox’ to the ‘outbox’ for your district in the SED Business Portal. When properly submitted, the BCS record will no longer appear in your ‘inbox’. Please confirm this. (09/06/16)
- If BCS records do not indicate a submitted date of 11/18/16, building aid for the BCS will be forfeited. (09/06/16)
- For additional information on the 2015 Building Condition Survey please see the following link:
- 2015 Building Condition Survey (09/06/16)
- Applications are being accepted for 2015-2016 QZAB funding. Please see the following link for more information. (07/29/16)
- The Office of facilities Planning has openings for Sr. Engineers Gr 24 - please see link below for additional information:
- Sr. Engineer Gr. 24 (11/15/16)
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918