Welcome to the Facilities Planning website!
- The application deadline for Qualified Zone Academy Bond (QZAB) allocations for 2015 and 2016 has been extended until March 1, 2017 due to the need to notify charter schools of their eligibility to submit an application, and to correct certain information included on the NYSED Office of Facilities Planning website related to percentages of students who were eligible for participation in the National School Lunch Program. This information will be used to determine whether a school district qualifies for an allocation under this program. Applications must be received by March 1, 2017. Please visit our QZAB web page to download a copy of Section 155.22 of the Commissioner’s regulations, the application, and the revised FRPL Eligibility List. (02/03/17)
- On September 6, 2016, the Governor signed legislation requiring all school districts in New York State to test potable water systems for lead contamination and to take responsive actions. To implement this new law, the Department of Health issued emergency regulations, titled Lead Testing in School Drinking Water.
- Please follow this link to our web page with additional information. (09/16/16)
- Please follow this link to the State Aid web page for guidance on testing, remediation and claiming State Aid. (10/13/16)
- The Office of facilities Planning has openings for Sr. Engineers Gr 24 - please see link below for additional information:
Please view our news page for additional news items...
Our mission is to ensure
safe, healthy, comfortable, and acceptable educational facilities which promote
effective and efficient learning for all New York students regardless of where
We will accomplish our mission by establishing clear expectations and standards for school facilities. We will work with parents, teachers, administrators, designers, facility directors, contractors and the community to set in motion mechanisms for school improvement statewide.
Contact info: Rosanne Groff, webmaster. ph. 518-474-3906; fax 518-486-5918