The New York State Education Department’s Office of Information and Reporting Services (IRS) collects and reports data for approximately 200,000 New York State teachers and 30,000 non-teaching professionals. Data are collected to meet State and federal reporting requirements and, when available, reported in the New York State Report Cards and in the Statistical profiles.
Guidance Documents for Administrators
- Reporting SIRS Staff Data to NYSED.pdf
- ePMF and SIRS Staff Collection Timeline for 2015-16.pdf
- ePMF Collection Guidance for 2015-16.pdf
- Non-Teaching Assignment Codes for 2015-16.xls
- SEDDAS Entitlements for the TAA.pdf
- TEACH Accounts and IDs.pdf
- Highly Qualified-Teaching Out of Certification.pdf
Guidance Documents for Teachers
- ePMF Teaching Manual User Guide 2015-16.pdf
- ePMF FAQs 2015-16.pdf
- Teaching Assignment Codes 2015-16 (PDF) (Excel)
For additional information related to staff data
Teacher Access and Authorization (TAA): System for enabling teachers to gain secure access to their Teacher Student Roster Verification (TSRV) reports.
Teacher & Professional Staff Data: Statistical reports on public school personnel derived from the Personnel Master File (PMF).
Teacher Student Roster Verification (TSRV): Guidance on how teachers may view district-reported data for their courses and course sections.
Reporting of staff data in the New York State Report Cards: data.nysed.gov
The Office of Teaching Initiatives (TEACH) for TEACH Accounts, TEACH IDs, and issues related to certification: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/
Level 2 Report Guides for staff data: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/level2reports/reportguides.html
eScholar templates used for reporting staff data: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/vendors/templates.html
APPR and teacher leader effectiveness guidance: https://www.engageny.org/
IRS memos concerning staff data: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/memos/