A Report to the Governor and the Legislature on the Educational Status of the State's Schools: Submitted April 1999
Copies of the printed and bound two-volume report may be obtained upon request. Enclose check or money order in the amount of $12.50 for each set requested.
To obtain computer files on 3 1/2" diskette from the Statistical Profiles, contact this same office. Materials available from this site may be downloaded without contacting the Department.
These World-Wide-Web pages are compiled from the tables of the report volume entitled New York, the State of Learning: Statistical Profiles of Public School Districts. The data were derived primarily from information submitted to the State Education Department by superintendents of schools, and were selected in accordance with the specific mandates of Section 215-a of Education Law.
The information contained in this report should be helpful in assessing many educational programs, and in working to improve learning outcomes.
Please take a moment to read the rest of this page. This information will help you use this resource most effectively.
Finding a School District Statistical Profile
- NY State County Map
- NY State County List (in Alphabetical Order)
- NY State School District List (in Alphabetical Order) - slower via modem
To minimize unnecessary waiting, we suggest a three-step approach:
- first select a county (either click on the map or use the list of county names),
- then select a school district,
- and finally select the report you wish to see.
If you are uncertain of the county of a school or district, you may use the alphabetical list of district names to find a district.
Getting More Information about School District Statistical Profiles
Electronic Data Available for Research and Customized Reporting
- Access 97 Database of District Profile Information (2,519,040 Bytes) - all district data from the 14 Tables
- Archive of Compressed Excel 97 Spreadsheets
- Excel 97 Summary Workbook - Statewide Summary Tables 1 - 14 in one file - (312,320 Bytes)
- Excel 97 District Data Table Spreadsheets as published in the
bound paper volume.
- Table 1 - District Type; Racial/Ethnic Distribution of Enrollment; Attendance Rate; Census Poverty Index; Free/Reduced Lunch; LEP Rate; Suspension Rate; Dropout Rate; College Going Rate; Student-Support Staff Ratioo; Pupi-Teacher Ratio (133,120 Bytes)
- Table 2 - Total Expenditures Per Pupil, New York State Revenue Share, and Combined Wealth Ratio;; Percent of Unit Expenditures per Pupil for Major Functions; Instructional Expenditures for General and Special Education (140,288 Bytes)
- Table 3 - Average Class Size; Classroom Teachers: Percent Minority, Annual Turnover Rate, Median Salary, Certification Status, Median Years' Experience, Educational Attainment (145,208 Bytes)
- Table 4 - Percent of School-Aged Residents with Disabilities; Students Classified as Having Disabilities: Portion of School Day Outside General Education Classrooms; Exiting Students with Disabilities (97,280 Bytes)
- Table 5 - Results of Pupil Evaluation Program and Program Evaluation Tests (131,072 Bytes)
- Table 6 - High School Graduates; Results of Regents Examinations in Gobal Studies and U.S. History and Government (118,272 Bytes)
- Table 7 - Results of Regents Examinations in Sequential Mathematics Course I, Course II, and Course III (129,024 Bytes)
- Table 8 - Results of Regents Examinations in Comprehensive English, Earth Science (original syllabus), and Earth Science (program modified) (123,904 Bytes)
- Table 9 - Results of Regents Examinations in Biology, Chemistry and Physics (123,904 Bytes)
- Table 10 - Results of Regents Examinations in Comprehensive Spanish, Comprehensive French, and Other Foreign Languages (115,712 Bytes)
- Table 11 - Cumulative Regents Results and Graduation Competency Status (104,960 Bytes)
- Table 12 - Results of Occupational Education Proficiency Examinations (150,528 Bytes)
- Table 13 - Results of the Preliminary Competency Tests and Regents Competency Tests (132,608 Bytes)
- Table 14 - Results of Secondary Language Proficiency Examinations (68,096 Bytes)
Some pages you can access from here are referred to from many different locations. Often your browser's "go back" tool will be helpful. If you think you want to return to a page without searching for it again, please use your browser's "favorites" or "bookmarks" function to save the address of the page.