IRS Portal Resources and Information
Accessing Your School or District Report Cards
- Go to SED Application Portal at: http://portal.nysed.gov
- Click on “Log On” . You will need to sign In with User Name and Password. Your username and password will be the same for accessing all other NYSED portal applications, such as the exam request application. If you need to reset your password, please select the “Reset Password” link on the top right of the portal home page. For account assistance, contact your local District delegated administrator or contact the SED Delegated Administration System Help Desk at: (518) 473-8832.
- Once you are logged in, you will see “My Applications,” which will provide a list of all applications to which you have access.
- Select the “Information and Reporting Services Portal (IRSP).”
- At the bottom of the page, you will see all files available for download. Your district or school report card should appear.
- Through the IRSP, each district will have access to its respective schools’ and district’s report card.
- Through the IRSP, each Regional Information Center (RIC) will have access to its respective schools’ and districts’ report card.
Overview: The IRS (Information and Reporting Services) Portal hosts secure downloads of IRS-designed data files and other documents to authorized users of the portal. The IRS Portal is available through the main NYSED web portal (see http://portal.nysed.gov for details on usage) using secure authentication via SEDDAS (SED Delegated Account System, see SEDDAS home page for details).
Many current IRS-provided data files contain NYS/NCLB accountability data, therefore current users are limited to charter schools, public schools and districts, and, as of May 2011, BOCES. Instructions on how to access the IRS Portal to download accountability verification files are available in HTML, Microsoft Word and PDF: HTML | Word (1.8MB) | PDF (1.7MB)
Both L2RPT and nySTART are now approved instruments for data to be certified. Note that some reports are available in only one application (see Statement of Certification for details). IRS Portal files are intended as a supplement to nySTART and L2RPT reports.
Access to IRS Portal files must be granted according to the rules set forth on the SEDDAS home page for each institution type. Access is initially granted by an organization's Delegated Administrator (DA). At the public school district level this is the Super DA (school superintendent), who may then create other DAs or EAs (Entitlement Administrators) at the school level. Charter schools have no Super DA, only a primary DA (the school principal/CEO).
The email notifying LEAs that files are available on the IRS-Portal is sent by default to the LEA's District Data Coordinator or School Data Coordinator. By default, the IRS Portal sends ALL email notifications to the individual identified in SEDREF as a given institution's Information Officer. (SEDREF is NYSED's core datafile system.) All public schools and districts are regularly asked to update their institution's contact information. Districts are expected to designate a District Data Coordinator to populate the Information Officer fields in SEDREF; likewise, schools are asked to identify a School Data Coordinator to populate those fields.
If a district or school has NOT identified an Information Officer contact, IRS Portal email notifications will be sent instead to the individual identified in SEDREF under the Chief Executive Officer fields (titles in this field may range from a charter school's principal or CEO to a district's school superintendent).
IRS Portal Support:
As with L2RPT and nySTART, all data-related questions should first be directed to your regional Level 1 data center. These support teams are the same as those for L2RPT and nySTART. If your Level 1 support cannot resolve an issue, they will escalate to IRS through the NYSED IssueTracker, our shared troubleshooting software.
Additional IRS Portal resources will be posted to this page when they become available. In the meantime, note the communications channels listed below for any questions.
For questions about IRS Portal reports or data, first contact your Level 1 Big 5 Cities or Regional Information Center (RIC) data coordinator (same support team as nySTART Tips and Help Support Contacts.)
Information regarding SEDDAS (IRS Portal access and accounts) may be found at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/seddas/seddashome.html or by calling the SEDDAS help desk at (518) 473-8832.
To contact us regarding interpretation of NYSED policy or data definitions/guidelines, please send e-mail to email@example.com.
To send us feedback or suggestions about the IRS Portal, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.