Accountability Status Report for Verification
Known Problems That Have Been Corrected
A list of districts and schools that exceeded the cap for counting students
as proficient based on the NYSAA and information about reducing students score
will be posted at this URL:
- All safe harbor targets have been corrected to reflect the rules for
adjusting the safe harbor targets to account for changes in AMO and grades
3-8 testing. See http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/nystart/2006/documentation/R7/QandA.shtml
for more information about the calculation of adjusted safe harbor targets.
- Grade 8 students who took a Regents examination in science to satisfy
the grade 8 science accountability requirement are included in the
elementary/middle level science calculations for participation and
performance. As of November 29, these students are included in the
participation rate and continuously enrolled counts in the Accountability
Verification Reports available on nySTART.
- Students who were enrolled at the time of test administration but who
had no appropriate test record have been properly included in the
calculation of participation rate. The inclusion of these students will
increase the participation enrollment and decrease the participation rate of
schools with such students. As of November 29, these students are included
in the participation rate counts in the Accountability Verification Reports
available on nySTART.
- In all cases where an accountability group’s participation rate fell
below 95 percent in 2005-06, a weighted average of the group’s 2004-05 and
2005-06 participation rates has been calculated. This weighted average was
used to determine if the group made AYP in 2005-06.
- For some schools and districts, the accountability status for 2006-07
was calculated incorrectly. The accountability status is now correct.
- Reports for feeder schools whose accountability status was determined
through the backmapping process have been updated.