The 2013-14 Statement of Confirmation of Staff Evaluation Rating Certification Report
The October 17, 2014 deadline for submitting Staff Evaluation Rating records is approaching and NYSED is now accepting “The 2013-14 Statement of Confirmation of Staff Evaluation Rating Certification Report” districts, charter schools, and BOCES must submit to certify their data.
This form must be retrieved from and submitted to the IRSP: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/irs-portal/. The certification form is only accessible in IRSP for users with district-level SEDDAS access. District level access may be delegated to principals or other school-level users through SEDDAS by Superintendents, District Superintendents, or Charter School Leaders. Please note this form is accessed through the IRSP, the version previously posted in the SED Monitoring System through the NYSED Business Portal has been removed. Any form submitted in the SED Monitoring system has been saved and will satisfy the certification requirement.
For information and guidance on the October 17th APPR Data Submission Deadline for the 2013-14 school year, please visit http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/teachers-leaders/docs/appr-data-submission-deadline-memo-and-faq.pdf and http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/teachers-leaders/appr-data-submission-tips-webinar.html. The certification deadline is October 31, 2014. Please note that this is an extension of the original deadline.
Please be advised that the safety net legislation has not yet been signed into law. Until the bill is signed into law, the provisions of the bill are not applicable. Therefore, districts are not required to provide safety net calculations in the October 31 certification. However, the Department may later request data on safety net calculations if and when the bill is signed into law.
Please follow these instructions when completing the 2013-14 State of Confirmation of Staff Evaluation Rating Certification Report:
- Download the form from the IRSP and save it to your computer. DO NOT print and scan this form, it is designed to be filled out electronically.
- Enter the date you viewed the 2013-14 Staff Evaluation Rating Verification Report (SIRS-317) in the L2RPT environment.
- Choose the checkbox which best describes the status of your 2013-14 Staff Evaluation Rating Verification Reports. You may select only one box.
- Choose the checkbox which best describes the posting of your Testing Transparency Report (distributed on July 15, 2014). You may select only one box. Please see Q9 of Teach More, Test Less: Testing Transparency Reports FAQ document at http://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-the-approved-regulatory-amendments-to-appr-to-help-reduce-local-testing.
- Enter the name of your entity in the “District/LEA Entity Name” field.
- Enter your BEDS Code in the “District/LEA Entity 12 Digit BEDS Code” field.
- Enter your title in the “Title of Certifying Official” field.
- If you chose the third option (bottom) in step 4 above, Move to the ‘Educator Entry’ tab to enter educator information and revised scores and ratings, as applicable. The TEACH ID listed on the ‘Educator Entry’ tab should be seven (7) numbers long and should not include leading zeros.
More information on educators who would be included in the ‘Educator Entry’ tab.
- Choices for educators with modified State-provided growth scores :
- A principal has less than 30% of his or her students covered by the State-provided growth measures. For more detailed information please see Section D17 of APPR Guidance which can be found on EngageNY at https://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-new-york-s-annual-professional-performance-review-law-and-regulations/
- A teacher has less than 50% of his or her students covered by the State-provided growth measure. For more detailed information please see Section D20 of APPR Guidance which can be found on EngageNY at https://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-new-york-s-annual-professional-performance-review-law-and-regulations/.
- A State-provided growth measure may have been provided for an educator who is not subject to Education Law §3012-c or should not have received a score pursuant to Education Law §3012-c, Subpart 30-2 of the Rules of the Board of Regents and /or applicable APPR Guidance . c. For more detailed information please see all of Section B of APPR Guidance which can be found on EngageNY at https://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-new-york-s-annual-professional-performance-review-law-and-regulations/ and Q14 of the State-provided Growth Score FAQ document at http://www.engageny.org/sites/default/files/resource/attachments/explaining_growth_scores_faq_2012-13.pdf.
- Final determination of a local appeal. Please see generally Sections D1, D54, and D73 of APPR Guidance which can be found on EngageNY at https://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-new-york-s-professional-performance-review-law-and-regulations/.
- For educators for whom evaluation scores, other than State-provided growth, were modified subsequent to the final determination of a local appeal please see generally Sections D1, D54, and D73 of APPR Guidance which can be found on EngageNY at https://www.engageny.org/resource/guidance-on-new-york-s-professional-performance-review-law-and-regulations/.
- For an educator required under law to be evaluated but for whom staff evaluation data was not submitted please see Q17 of the September 12, 2014 Annual Professional Performance Review Data Submission and Certification Deadlines for the 2012-2013 School Year memorandum and attached FAQ document at http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/teachers-leaders/docs/appr-data-submission-deadline-memo-and-faq.pdf.