SCHOOL SAFETY AND THE EDUCATIONAL CLIMATE
Submitting Data Using the NYSED Application Business Portal
Navigate to the NYSED Application Business Portal home page (link)
Find and select the "Log On" link (right side of the red menu bar at the top of the page) to open the application sign-in page
Enter your user name and password and select "OK" to open the application selection page
In the "My Applications" window, find and activate the link to the "BEDS/IMF/School Safety Application" to open the data submission page
NOTE: You may get a message saying that: "This application only supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8." If you do, simply click the OK button.
Enter the BEDS code of your institution in the "Beds Like" text box
Select the record type of your institution from the "Rec Type" drop-down list. Valid record types for the School report are:
- State Operated
Select "SSEC data for school year..." from the drop-down list.
- To enter new data, select the school year for which you are reporting data
- To view past year's data, select the school year of the report you wish to review
Click the "Submit" button to open the data reporting form for your institution. The data reporting form will contain both Part 1 (VADIR) and Part 2 (DASA) questions.
After completing each page of the report, click the "Save" button to proceed to the next data entry page
When all pages of the form are complete and saved (including the certification pages for both Part 1 and Part 2), click the "Submit" button to send your report to NYSED.
- You may edit your submission at any time during the submission period simply by logging on to the portal and updating the reported data. If you do so, do not forget to click the "Save" and "Submit" buttons when your updates are complete.
- Once the submission period is closed, no further updates of this data will be possible.
Trouble Logging In?
Remember that passwords are case-sensitive. User IDs are not.The user IDs and passwords necessary for access to the SED Web Business Portal are managed by the SED Delegated Account System (SEDDAS).
- District/BOCES Superintendents and Charter School CEOs with SEDREF accounts should contact 518-474-7965 for help with problems related to their user IDs and/or passwords.
- All other staff should contact their Superintendent or School CEO for assistance with user ID and password issues.