Violent and Disruptive Incident Reporting (VADIR)
Violent and disruptive incident data is collected under Part 1 of the Report of Incidents Concerning School Safety and the Educational Climate (SSEC). SSEC data may be submitted to the Department using the SED Application Business Portal beginning June 26, 2017. The due date to complete 2016-17 School Safety reporting to the Department is July 21, 2017
Remember, schools that have been directly notified by NYSED to submit the violent and disruptive incidents that took place in their schools between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017 must submit using the NYSED Application Business Portal by July 10, 2017.
PLEASE NOTE: The forms for the 2016-17 school year will not be posted until Spring 2017. The forms for the 2015-16 school year will remain available below until the new forms are posted.
- School Safety And the Educational Climate Data Summary Form - Part 1 (VADIR - 52KB)
- Directions for Completing School Safety And the Educational Climate Data Summary Form - Part 1 ( 47KB)
- Glossary of Terms Used in Reporting Violent and Disruptive Incidents ( 28KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers ( 72KB)
- Individual Violent and Disruptive Incident Report Form (for recording individual incidents 78KB)
- Directions on how to log-on to the Business portal and access the BEDS/IMF/School Safety data-entry application can be found here.