Violent and Disruptive Incident Reporting (VADIR)
Violent and disruptive incident data is collected under Part 1 of the Report of Incidents Concerning School Safety and the Educational Climate (SSEC). SSEC data may be submitted to the Department using the SED Application Business Portal beginning August 17, 2015. The due date to complete 2014-15 School Safety reporting to the Department is September 25, 2015.
Remember, the Early Summary of Violent and Disruptive Incidents Form is to be used only by schools that have been directly notified by NYSED to submit an early summary of the violent and disruptive incidents that took place in their schools between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. This form is due to NYSED no later than July 7, 2015.
- EARLY Summary of Violent and Disruptive Incidents Form ( 523KB)
- School Safety And the Educational Climate Data Summary Form - Part 1 (VADIR - 607KB)
- Directions for Completing School Safety And the Educational Climate Data Summary Form - Part 1 ( 373KB)
- Glossary of Terms Used in Reporting Violent and Disruptive Incidents ( 28KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers ( 72KB)
- Individual Violent and Disruptive Incident Report Form (for recording individual incidents 78KB)
- Directions on how to log-on to the Business portal and access the BEDS/IMF/School Safety data-entry application can be found here.