Smart Schools Bond Act Investment Plan
Statement of Assurances
As Chief School Officer, I am assuring that the district will operate according to the requirements under the Smart Schools Bond Act, as detailed in the guidance documents located on the NYSED Smart Schools Bond Act website at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/mgtserv/smart_schools/
Specifically, I assure that the District will:
- Make and submit for reimbursement, expenditures consistent with the approved Smart Schools Investment Plan.
- Comply with all Education Law requirements and Commissioner Regulations under Title 8, Chapter II, Subchapter J, Part 155 for capital projects at educational facilities. See: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/facplan/Laws_Regs/8NYCRR155.htm
- Comply with all Education Law requirements and Commissioner Regulations, under Sections 3602-e and 3602-ee of Education law and Subpart 151-1 of the Commissioners Regulations for new Prekindergarten classrooms.
- Use such fiscal control and fund accounting procedures as will ensure proper disbursement of, and accounting for, funds under the Smart Schools Bond Act;
- Make reports to the State Education Department as may be necessary to enable the Department to perform its duties under the program.
The District will maintain on file and provide to the State Education Department as requested:
- A detailed accounting of expenditures, including other sources of funding used to support the District’s Smart Schools Investment Plan; and
- Documentation to support any variances requested by the district, if applicable; and
- A copy of the Smart Schools Investment Plan approved by the Board of Education.