District Comprehensive Educational Plan Addendum Update (DCEP)
The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) includes the most significant changes in federally funded program expectations and requirements since the original Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Changes in State and local accountability, public school choice, supplemental educational services, “highly qualified” staff, and parents’ “right to know” are some of the important provisions contained in the Act. Additional NCLB information is also available on the United States Department of Education NCLB website at www.ed.gov/nclb/.
The District Comprehensive Educational Plan Update process is designed to reflect requirements identified in NCLB that will assist New York City Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) to implement programs to meet the instructional needs of all students. All NYC LEAs are required to submit a 2010-11 DCEP Addendum Update along with an FS-10 for each program for which funds are requested.
The 2010-11 District Comprehensive Educational Plan Addendum Update includes the following funded programs:
- Title I, Part A – Basic Program and Title I, Part D – Neglected, Delinquent or At-Risk
- Title II, Part A – Teacher and Principal Training and Recruiting
- Title II, Part D – Enhancing Education Through Technology (Formula Funds Only)
- Title III, Part A – Language Instruction for Limited English Proficient and Immigrant Students
- Title IV, Part A – Safe and Drug Free Schools and Communities