Note: This page has moved from its previous location. Please update your bookmarks.
NCLB NYS Field Memos provide guidance on New York State’s implementation of the requirements for teachers and paraprofessionals in the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
NCLB-IDEA NYS Field Memos provide guidance on New York State’s implementation of the requirements for teachers in the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 (IDEA).
Field Memos are numbered sequentially within each calendar year. Later memos supersede earlier ones. Addendums supersede the original memo to which they refer.
Information in Field Memos may change in response to federal legislation, regulations and guidance. When a new Field Memo is issued, it is emailed to affected parties and posted on this site as quickly as possible.
Field Memo (September 2011) (80KB)
Extreme Weather Events in NYS and the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance
Children and youth displaced by extreme weather events may be eligible for services under the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Improvements Act (McKinney-Vento) and NYS Education Law Section 3209.
Field Memo (September 2011) (68KB)
Mandatory McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act Training SY 2011-12
LEA requirements for attending McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act Training for SY 2011-12.
- Districts with schools in accountability in improvement year 2 status or higher must report their Public School Choice implementation efforts to the Department. Field Memo(August 2011) (19KB)| Data Collection Form(65KB)
Field Memo (Aug 2011) (67KB)
Title I, Part A Set-aside Funds for Students in Temporary Housing (Homeless)
- #02-2011 Field Memo(July 2011) (91KB)
LEA Requirements for Implementing McKinney-Vento Homeless Student Dispute Resolution Process
- Revised Field Memo - NYSED Process for LEAs wishing to expend unused portion of 20% SES set-aside for other Title I purposes (36KB) July 2011
- #01-2011 - Field Guidance Memo - Migrant Education Policy Statement - June 2011 (76KB)
- #01-2011- Field Guidance Memo - McKinney-Vento Summer School Information - May 2011 (57KB)
- Field Guidance Memo - School Improvement Grant 1003(g) - April 2011 (54KB)
- Title I, Part A - School Improvement Grant Waivers Under Section 1003(g) - 12/2/10
- 03-2010A (Oct)
New York City Charter Schools and Community School District Preference for Homeless Students Charter School Q and A
- Public School Choice, School Improvement, and Supplemental Educational Services (SES) Parent Notification Requirements – Title I and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 34 – Education – Section 200 - October 2010
- Selected Title I Equitable Services Compliance Indicators to be Addressed During the 2010-11 School Year - October 2010
- Selected Title I Parental Involvement Compliance Indicators to be Addressed During The 2010-11 School Year - October 2010
- #4 - 2010 (Oct)
Required McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act Training
– 2010 (Jul)
New York City Charter Schools and Community School District Preference for Homeless Students
- Additional Guidance Regarding the 2009-10 Waiver Approval Letter From USDOE - April 2010
- School Improvement Grants 1003(g) Field Guidance Memorandum - February 2010
- Title I, Part A - School Improvement Grant Waivers Under Section 1003(g) - February 2010
- ARRA and Title I, Part A Waivers - November 2009
- #04-2008 (Jul)
Fall 2008 NCLB Supplement to the Administration Manual for the BEDS Personnel Data Form for Teachers
- #03-2008 (Jun)
Updated Fact Sheet with Highlights of the NCLB’s and IDEA’s Requirements for Teachers and Title I Paraprofessionals in New York State
- #02-2008 (Feb)
Quality Data Releases from School Year 2006-2007
- #01-2008 (Feb)
Updated Information on Student Aid Benefits for Teachers and Data to Support Teacher Workforce Planning
- #05-2007 (Oct)
Fall 2007 NCLB Supplement to the Administration Manual for the BEDS Personnel Data Form for Teachers
- #01-2007 (Jan)
Federal Funding Opportunities to Support Teacher Quality