Nonpublic Schools

Non Public Safety Equipment Grant Allocations


Hello Nonpublic School Colleagues,

The Non Public Safety Equipment Grant allocations have been posted to the program website today.  If your school is a nonprofit entity, the enrollment-based allocation can be found on the Office for Nonpublic School Services website Excel ICON  (235KB). Just search by the school name and/or BEDS code.

When you do that, you will see in Column C (the 3rd column), the total allocation you have available right now.   This amount is the sum of any remaining funds you may have had from your allocation for the 2013-14 program year, plus the allocations from the 2014-15 and 2015-16 program years.  (You can see those values in columns H, I and J.) 

In the 2013-14 program year, many schools did projects whose costs were above their allocations for that year.  For example, a school may have had a $2,000 allocation and done a $12,000 door replacement project, leaving $10,000 in approved, but unreimbursed costs for the school.  If this is the circumstance of your school, you will see the approved, but unreimbursed amount in Column D, next to your total allocation.

If this is your situation, you can file for reimbursement for those expenses, up to the amount in Column C, using the form on the program website.  No additional documentation beyond the form is necessary for these funds, since you have already provided it and my staff have reviewed and approved your applications.

If you wish to file based upon new or additional expenditures, you must also use the program form and submit proof of payment for those new, eligible expenditures.

One note of caution, if you are contemplating new work to be supported by this program:  We would expect that the Column C amounts will be re-appropriated by the legislature and Governor in future years (although this cannot be guaranteed).    However, please do not do work that far exceeds your allocation, if your school cannot support the costs without the reimbursement.  We cannot guarantee that new grant funds will continue to be made available in future years, and we would not wish any of our colleague-schools to overextend themselves financially in anticipation of receiving state funds that are not provided.  

Once again, if it does not have one already, your school will need to obtain a vendor ID from the state to receive funds.  If you need assistance with this matter, information is available at the Office of Grants Management website. If you have participated in either this program or received Mandated Services Aid or Comprehensive Attendance Program Aid in recent years, you have a vendor ID. 

I hope this is helpful.  Please contact the Office of Educational Management Services (which includes the Office of Nonpublic Schools) if you have any questions.  518 474-6541

Best wishes,
Christina Coughlin

Last Updated: September 23, 2015