Disclaimer Current through March 31, 2015
100.12 Instructional computer technology plans.
- To be eligible for aid for instructional computer hardware and technology equipment expenses pursuant to Education Law, section 753, school district shall develop and maintain a plan, in a format prescribed by the commissioner, for the use of the instructional computer technology equipment.
- Each plan shall include:
- a description of the number and type of instructional computer technologies to be used and how they will be applied to the overall K-12 instructional program;
- provision for the maintenance and repair of equipment, consistent with the five-year capital assets preservation plan as provided for in Education Law, section 3602(6) and section 155.1(a)(4) of this Title;
- provision for staff development to demonstrate how classroom teachers will use instructional computer technology across the K-12 curriculum; and
- an assurance of the superintendent of schools, in a form prescribed by the commissioner, that the school district has provided for the loan of instructional computer hardware to students legally attending nonpublic schools pursuant to Education Law, section 754.
- Plans may provide for the school district's participation in any Federal-and State-funded instructional technology initiatives, including but not limited to the universal service discount program pursuant to the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 and the Federal Technology Literacy Challenge Program.