Charter School News Archives
Charter School News
12/6/12 - 2012 RFP Round 3 Notifications of Withdrawal
12/6/12 - 2012 RFP Round 2 Notifications of Withdrawal
11/8/12 - Charter School Requirements and Timeline for Submitting Staff Evaluation Rating Data for the 2011-12 School Year (56 KB)
- 10/31/12 - Because the damage due to Hurricane Sandy in many part of New York State is even more extensive than previously anticipated, the deadline for the submission of the Progress Toward Charter Goals and Independent Financial Audit components of the Annual Report to SED's Charter School Office (via https://nysed-cso.myreviewroom.com) has now been extended to 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 13, 2012. This deadline extension has been confirmed with the other NYS charter school authorizers for submissions previously due to them on Nov. 1. We may consider additional extensions for affected areas once the full extent of the damage is determined. Thank you.
- 10/11/12 - 2012 Round 3 Notification Letters of New Charter School Applications
- 10/1/12 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF (56 KB)
- 9/26/12 - Director's Message for Board of Regents Authorized Schools - 2012-2013 Back-to-School Update (81 KB)
- 9/7/12 - Additional Guidance regarding Educator Evaluation for Charter Schools Participating in Race to the Top (38 KB)
- 8/30/12 - 2012 RFP Round 2 Notification Letters
- 8/30/12 - 21 Letters of Intent were accepted on August 15 in response to Round 3 of the 2012 Request for Proposals to Establish Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents
- 8/22/12 - 24 Letters of Intent were submitted on August 15 in response to Round 3 of the 2012 Request for Proposals to Establish Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents
- 8/16/12 - 24 Full Applications Submitted to Establish Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents Accepted for Full Review in 2012, Round 2
- 8/3/12 - 26 Full Applications Submitted to Establish Charter Schools Authorized by the Board of Regents
- 7/24/12 - 2011- 2012 Charter School Annual Report Guidelines
- 7/23/12 - 2012 Request for Proposals to Establish Charter Schools authorized by the Board of Regents is amended to add Round 3 for applicants proposing to open in 2013
- 7/16/12 - Methodology for Setting Charter School Enrollment and Retention Targets as Required by the NYS Charter Schools Act - Updated Information (NEW!)
- 7/16/12 - Request for Proposals: Consultant Support for Charter School Performance Oversight and Application Review, Due August 21, 2012
- 7/16/12 - Request for Bids from New York State Certified Public Accounting Firms to develop a Charter School Audit Guide, due by 5:00 PM on August 3, 2012.
Guide (68 KB) Rubric (71 KB) Budget Form (43 KB)
- 7/16/12 - NYSED Accepts 37 Letters of Intent to Establish a Charter School Authorized by the NYS Board of Regents in 2012, Round 2
- 7/10/12 - School Health Services Webinar: July 17, 2012
- 6/28/12 - NYSED Receives 54 Letters of Intent to Establish a Charter School Authorized by the NYS Board of Regents in 2012, Round 2
- 6/25/12 - NYSED Charter School Office / Office of School Innovation Job Opportunity - Dissemination Specialist (Brooklyn or Albany): http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/EMS_917_revised.htm, application deadline July 6, 2012. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the agency’s efforts related to the broad dissemination of best practices, innovative designs and methodologies developed in charter schools to other public schools. We encourage interested and qualified applicants to apply to join our team.
- 6/20/12 - Public Notices for Hearings related to the Co-Location of Regents-Authorized Charter Schools in NYC for the 2012-13 School Year
- 6/18/12 - 2011- 2012 Charter School Annual Report Guidelines
- 6/7/12 - Charter School Applications - General Information and Updated Submission Protocol video (655 MB, 38 minutes and 12 seconds)
- 5/29/12 - Call for Peer Reviewers to evaluate Round 2 charter school applications in late July through August. Please contact the Charter School Office by July 3 if you are able to support the Round 2 review process.
- 5/24/12 - 2012 Request for Proposals (RFP) to Establish Charter Schools
Authorized by the Board of Regents: Round 2 Letter of Intent submissions are being accepted now through 5:00 p.m. on June 25
- 5/18/12 - Proposed Methodology for Setting Charter School Enrollment and Retention Targets as Required by the NYS Charter Schools Act - Information Available for Review and Public Comment through 5/29/12
- 5/15/12 - NYSED Charter School Office /Office of School Innovation Job Opportunities There are three opportunities to join the State Education Department team in advancing the key work of creating optimal state-level policy for increasing the number of high quality educational opportunities available to New York families. We encourage interested and qualified applicants to apply to join our team.
- Administrative Coordinator (Charter Schools Program Project Coordinator), Albany, http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/EMS_915_14861.htm, Application Deadline May 24, 2012.
- Dissemination Specialist, Brooklyn or Albany, http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/EMS_917_14863.htm, Application Deadline May 24, 2012.
- Data Analyst (Assistant in Education Research), Albany or Brooklyn, http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/EMS_960_65257.htm, Application Deadline May 30, 2012.
- 5/4/12 - Required Enrollment and Retention Targets for At-Risk Students - Rescheduled Webinar May 11, 2012 (48 KB)
5/3/12 - Notification of 2012 Round 1 New Charter School Application Withdrawals
- 4/27/12 - Public Notice for Hearing regarding the re-issuance of a charter to the Amani Public Charter School within the Mount Vernon City School District English (123 KB) Spanish (113 KB)
- 4/23/12 - NYSED Charter School Office Job Opportunity – Performance Oversight Coordinator: The NYSED Charter School Office is seeking a Performance Oversight Coordinator (based in Brooklyn, NY), to oversee and manage all aspects of the performance monitoring and evaluation of charter schools directly authorized by the Board of Regents. The job posting can be found at http://www.oms.nysed.gov/hr/flyers/EMS941_14860.htm. The application deadline is May 4, 2012.
- 4/18/12 - Teacher-Student Data Linkage Verification Reports – Charter School Guidance (69 KB)
- 4/2/12 - Special Education Services in Charter Schools
- 3/23/12 - Director's Message - Updates from NYSED
- 3/7/12 - Notification of 2012 Round 1 New Charter School Applications
- 3/6/12 - NYSED Accepts 13 Charter School Applications for 2012 Round 1 Review
- 2/24/12 – Postponement: 2/27 Webinar on Required Enrollment and Retention Targets for At-Risk Students
- 2/10/12 - CSP Request for Funds – Submitting FS-25 Forms
- 1/24/12 - Call for Volunteer Peer Reviewers for 2012 Charter School Applications
- 1/24/12 - Letters of Intent to Establish a Charter School Authorized by the NYS Board of Regents - 2012 RFP Round 1
- 1/3/12 - 2012 NYSED Charter School RFP and Application Kit Now Posted
2012 Other Recent News
2010 Charter School News Archives
Back to the Top
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.
February 27, 2013