Updating your school’s information in SEDREF is easy and can be accomplished by following these three steps:
- Look up your schools BEDS code at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/psc/csdirectory/CSLaunchPage.html. Once you find your school in the Directory:
- click on your school’s name
- click on “Institutional data” towards the top of the screen
- your school’s BEDS code is listed in bold as “SED Code” in the right hand column. (If you know your BEDS code skip step 1.)
- Go to http://portal.nysed.gov/portal/pls/pref/SED.sed_inst_qry_vw$.startup , enter your BEDS code in the SED Code field, and review the Administrative Positions.
- If an update is needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org, add your BEDS Code to the email, and the new person’s information (name, email address and phone number).