Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Board of Regents Guidelines for Processing Complaints Received Pursuant to Education Law Section 2855(4)
- Charter Schools and Special Education
- US Charter Schools Website Primers on Implementing Special Education in Charter Schools
- General Information about Charter Schools
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
- IDEA Changes
- SAVE and the Fingerprinting and Child Abuse Reporting Legislation
- The Impact of the New Title I Requirements on Charter Schools ( 704 KB)
When Charter Schools are Deemed Non-Public Schools
The Board of Regents has made it a top priority to help support the sustainability of charter schools in New York State. It is the role of the Charter School Office to make available resources to help guide and support schools as they operate. This support takes shape in many ways, from Technical Assistance Advisories to FAQs to Policy & Best Practice Models. To that end, charter operators may review and download relevant resources pertaining to operations and support services. Some of these areas include Special Education Protocols & Policies, Public Finance Guidelines, Admissions & Placement Guidelines, Technology Systems Access, Food & Nutritional Services, Transportation, Facilities & Campus Management Guidelines and many other topics.
IRS Guidance on Charter Boards and Management Companies http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicj00.pdf
IRS: Exemption Application Issues http://www.irs.gov/charities/article/0,,id=174946,00.html
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.