The mission of the New York State Education Department Charter School Office is to create and sustain excellent educational options for New York State families on behalf of the Board of Regents through high quality charter school authorizing, fair and transparent oversight of all charter schools, and the dissemination of innovative school designs and practices.
Charter School Office News
- 2/2/16 - Funding Opportunity: 2016-2019 Charter School Dissemination Grants
- 2/1/16 - 2016 Request for Proposals (RFP) and Application Kit
- 1/27/16 - CSP Grants and Weighted Lotteries
- 1/26/16 - DRAFT Guidelines for Submitting an Application for Merger/Consolidation
- 1/21/16 - Updating Charter School Information on SEDREF
- 1/21/16 - Driving Directions to NYS Education Department Building
- 1/20/16 - Guidance Regarding Basic Tuition Payments to Charter Schools
- 1/6/16 - Charter Fiscal Oversight Webinar held on 12.2.15
Other Recent Information:
Disclaimer: References or links on this web site to any specific external or commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement or recommendation by the New York State Education Department.